Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Conquering a song



When you hear a great song that used to remind you of someone and at last you think of another, you've come a long way. There are also those songs that make you give you a new jolt -- I woke up to "crazy" a few years ago as it blared on the alarm and knew that I had to begin once more. To think of someone during a song is a refreshing feeling, and sets up an invitation to enjoy more time with the person it reminds you of. A song can bring back the long lost, but it can also introduce something you to something new. Since I never hope to lose the song, I have to chalk it up to the continuity that we all witness in our daily affairs -- the "everything happens for a reason" mentality it is sometimes so difficult to accept. I'm happy to know that while it remains the same, my perspective can make the song change after all, and it will forever grow with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment